Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Banquet

I am tired and it is late, but it seems often that is when my blogging takes place. Here is a quick update that has the potential to be a long update. :)

Tonight was our Jr./Sr. banquet combined with Winter banquet. It was a lot of fun. I wanted to go since it is my last one. (who knows where i will be next spring). So I dragged my awesome roommate to go with me. It was kinda cool that our dresses matched so well, and we did not plan it!



Going back many hours and even a few days before this evenings activities..... I was very busy sewing, sewing and sewing in preparation. I made 3 bolero jackets, made a dress at least two sizes smaller, hemmed a pair of pants, made a matching purse for one of the jackets, hemmed my own dress, and sewed several other small alterations. I was extremely overwhelmed at times, but enjoyed it as well. And I was able to make some extra money, which is always helpful! Today I fixed my hair along with 5 other girls. It was a lot of fun, we used lots of curlers and gel! Here are a few heads ;)



Well, I have to keep reminding myself that today is not Friday, and I cannot sleep in tomorrow :( It seems like Friday! It really seems like Friday! AAHH! But I DO have class in the morning. Well, now that the excitement of dressing up and going out is over, tomorrow I have to start back to the long neglected homework. In the meantime, here are a few more pix of my friends and me.

Goodnight, my friends!




post signature

4 comments:

Beth From Bynum said...

The hair "do's" are beautiful!!! You are a very talented lady.

Thanks for your comments on my blog! I'm enjoying yours as well.

Beth

Making Memories 1999 said...

Wow, you have been busy!! What a talented young lady! It's nice to have those fun times, isn't it. Trust that the rest of the semester goes well for you!! Look forward to seeing you again.

Kimberly said...

So fun!! You look beautiful..as do all the hair-do's you created:) Trusting that things will be peaceful and rewarding for you in the last semester...i so enjoy your blog!

(ps: I am jealous of "Firstwatch"!!)

Dixie said...

Hey, the 3 of us sort-of matched.