Saturday, June 7, 2008

work

I got a job. Whoohoo! Well, before you get too excited for me... it is one of those bearable ones that bring in some money :) definitely not my first pick. I survived two days of training and will be on my own starting Monday. I think once I get used to the smell and build some muscles in my arms I might possibly actually maybe enjoy it ;) we'll see. Here are a few pictures I took on my cell phone.

The worst part is sorting the dirty laundry


and loading it into the washers


after it is clean, it is just a lot of physical labor

Wet clothes can be very heavy!!! And hot sheets really burn your hands!

All of this takes place at Doctor's Nursing Home :D (My sis, Rhoda, is a CNA here and was able to let me know about the opening and put in a good word for me.) Aside from sorting, washing, drying, and folding I also get to pick up dirty laundry from each of four halls 4+ times a day and then deliver each of the loads to their clean linen closets. Hopefully I will be able to complete the expected 17 or 18 loads. It was easy to do that many with two of us working together... but we'll see :)

Well, I must share the computer, I have been informed that I have been online a LONG time, and I have a sibling waiting for a turn ;)


3 comments:

Beth From Bynum said...

Congratulations on the job. Just think of it as a ministry. You are making a huge difference in the lives of the nursing home residents!

Another think to keep in mind . . . the summer will pass quickly!!

Beth

Alanna said...

Yay on the new job! Hey, just about anything that brings in money is okay! (Just about -- not everything! :) I'm hoping to find a job too!

And I totally understand about sharing computer time. My brother are always "fighting." :)

sarahmfry said...

Wow this makes my family laundry look like a walk in the park! If I had those big industrial machines, I could save up all the laundry for a week and do all 14 loads at one time! Cool!