Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sewing sewing sewing

I spent many hours sewing this week. (I think it was approximately 14 hours) The uniforms for choir and band came in the mail on Tuesday and all of them had to be hemmed before Homecoming concert last night! I hemmed 24 skirts (including mine) and one pair of pants. Even the tallest girls had to have at least 3-4 inches cut off their dresses! I don't know why the company made them so long! I think I cut 10 inches off of mine! It was super super busy because I still had to teach and be in school every day too! I finished the last one at 6pm and the concert started at 7pm :D It was nice to earn some money for my school bill and things I need.















My parents couldn't have chosen a better gift for my 18th Birthday!! I have used it soo much over the last 6 years!














This is the pile of scrap material from all the skirts! There is so much.... I want to try making a skirt out of them if I can find time. I have a picture in my head, so we'll see :) I could probably make more than one!!



















Well, I need to go spend time writing lesson plans for this coming week! I cannot believe I am almost half-way done with student teaching! I will eventually blog more about teaching and hopefully post some pictures :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a benefactor of your sewing efforts, I can attest to the greatness of your talent. You did a great job! Actually, you were a life saver.

(I'll pay you later.) =)

Julia said...

Esther you are truly amazing! I'm thinking they must have ordered the choir outfits from an Islamic website or something. Pephaps Burqua's-R-Us?

Will you be coming to the retreat? Sure hope so.

Love you, my friend.

Jason said...

What grades are you student teaching in?

lauralavon said...

So nice to see your recent handiwork! I still owe you for doing LaRae's skirt! I'll be sending you a little something soon! Love ya,
Laura

Aunt JoJo said...

That's crazy! I'm interested to see what you have in mind for a skirt. Love you, take care.