Monday, November 17, 2008

Surprise!

I had a fantabulous weekend! Would you like to know the story? Let me start at the beginning.... 



It all began Thursday at Kimberly's mini Birthday party at Steak & Shake at... 
well really late at night :D 

she says... "Hey, Esther, you wanna go to Salem this weekend?"
I quickly agreed and we spent the next half hour calling all our friends (you know there are sooo many lol) trying to see if anyone else wants to go along and share the gas expense. But no. Some willing but no able souls. We decided it was worth it to still go anyway and trek out on our own with the help of Ms. Morris (Kim's Taurus)


Our first stop was to Rach and Jo's humble abode in Effingham. 
(disclaimer this pic is not their humble abode, but indeed the nice home of my friends where we ate Sunday dinner... 
I forgot to take pix at Jo and Rach apt.)
We had such a lovely time and chatted till late. Slept comfortably....
and in the morning I drove Morris to Salem to surprise my family.


They were all surprised and it was fun seeing everyone's response. The way it worked out I saw each of them at a different time instead of all at once. Here are some pictures of my dear family and our new very lovely home :) 
(I was so sad when I realized that I did not get a picture of my dad. He was getting ready for work when I took most of these and ... yeah I forgot. So sorry, Dad.)

I am the very shortest person in my whole family! 
And they all enjoy reminding me of that fact. 
I cannot believe how much taller the boys are!
WAIT!!
That's not fair.... they made me stand down in the step.
They are truly 'only' this much taller! Sigh still a lot!






The weekend ended by surprising Kim's parents as well and showing up at her church then her house on Sunday evening. [No pictures :( ] We spent the night then headed out early (with a Starbucks drive-through) and went back to school. 
~The End~



I had such a delightful time and it was a super nice way to end my week and end my student teaching. Now I have a list full of 'other random things' to do before Christmas break comes. 

ta-ta for now


3 comments:

Nichole said...

Esther,
Was glad to find your blog. Congrats on completing your student teaching! I saw some photos of the kids I student taught 2 years ago! They look so grown up.
Have a great Thanksgiving. :)
Nichole Kilgore

lauralavon said...

So sorry I missed you and Kim! But glad you got to come home anyway! Love ya.

Rachel Hurst said...

Hey gal! It was so great to have you guys stay over. I hope to see you agian soon ... like maybe Thanksgiving! :) Love you