Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hi

It’s been awhile, I know! So here is an attempt to catch up on a few things.

I was in New Mexico for a week again this summer. It was my third time to go down there and help with the Keep Youth Camp. I am getting more and more attached to those kids. God really helped us this year and we survived without too many major issues.

Now that I’m back I’m starting to get settled in my new apartment. (Oh yeah, didn’t I tell you… roomies are gone… I’m in a single apt now.) It is different living alone. I have always either been in a huge, loud, family or a huge, loud, dorm! And living with Jo and Rach was... hehe!!

I still have decorating and rearranging to do, but I’m getting used to ‘my home.’ The whole alone part of it is slowly getting better too. God is really helping me! I want to use this time in my life to deepen my relationship with Jesus. It has also been nice that my family and many friends live within an hour away. I have spent time in Salem on the weekends doing a lot of fun things.

My job is going good. It has finally slowed down a little since the Summer Reading Program is over. There is still a lot to do. I am already starting to do a little planning for next summer. Sounds like the SRP will be my responsibility next year! Scary! But exciting.

Well, I think I will close for now. I borrowed a library laptop and am at home borrowing internet connection. ;) It has been iffy at best so this is getting typed on Word. Let’s see if I can get it posted.

Here I am in my kitchen with my new work shirt :D I took it just now on my cell.
It's definitely late! tada

3 comments:

Jo said...

Aw, Esther...what's this about living with Jo and Rach....hehe? :) I'm glad to hear that life is good! :)
Love you,
Jo

coffeechica said...

:D What happened in apt. G, stays in apat. G! LOL
Love you more!
Esther

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....Apartment G...have a feeling you girls were very funny. After all, who but Rachel would think of zinging candy under the doors?! ha! Love you girls and miss Jo and Rachel. Happy for Esther in her new phase in life and her outlook. It's so encouraging to me!
Dorinda