Wednesday, May 19, 2010

hi. i'm alive. kinda.

Wow I cannot believe I haven't been on here since January! Life seems insane and it isn't stopping! I think insanely crazy is the new 'normal'! Wow. I'm trying to keep up. Here are a few things about my life over the last couple of months...

The beginning of February marked a year working here at the library! Cha-ching! One year down in the 'real' world after college!

February also brought along birthdays of two dear friends and a necessary trip to Florida!! I had a blast! I think I shall become a bird, one that goes down south in the winter and then back this way for summer. (I am certain I could not handle the FL heat in the summer!!!) The very next weekend I made a road trip to Cinci to visit some other dear friends. It was a nice time. I like the city!

March was another busy month. It was also a very sad one because my dear boss/friend/mentor/office-sharer moved away. I loved working next to Shirley for a year and am privileged to call her my friend!! I still miss her but I get to see her occasionally. (As a matter of fact, she dropped in last night at my apt. for a lovely little visit!)

April was lovely. It was nice to start having a little warmer weather. The rain is always nice too. I like rain. We have had tons of it!!! I am also enjoying working with Brandy, my new 'boss' :) April was full of Summer Read.

Actually most all of my life through March, April, and May has been completely consumed with preparations for Summer Read!

I started working a 40-hour week at beginning of May (I was formerly working 30 hours). It has been nice to have more time (and money) but it is amazing how quickly that time is filled!!!

So this is my life... Summer Read, Summer Read, Summer Read. ... don't get me wrong, it is fun! I think it is going to be a great summer! I'm looking forward to all we have planned.

Oh and other things are happening too... I love having "Girls' Nights Out" with some of my favorite teens. ... and I am enjoying making new friends... and establishing new connections in this lovely hometown of mine.... and... and...

It is fun! Life is good! God has blessed me!

2 comments:

Making Memories 1999 said...

Hi, Friend! =) Remember me? LOL So glad things are going well for you. We plan to take part of the Summer Reading program, so hopefully we'll get to see you more. Take care!

Julia said...

So you make me feel better about never blogging....or checking blogs. I really miss it, and must get back to it. Glad to read your update, keep it up, I'll be a fan..really. :)