Monday, August 9, 2010

Wishful thinking

Sometimes I still long to be back in school, whether it's college or high school or whatever. The end of the craziness of summer with its scorching hot weather. Having endured whatever summer job you were dealt. Shopping for school supplies. A regular schedule. A certain assumed normalcy. The freshness of the first week with new classes. New textbooks.

Adulthood. What is this concept they talk about? I'm not sure I like it. As much as I dislike change, I long for it now. Take me away, fly me to some new place.

Alas, here I am. Tears falling into my jones soda.

- Posted from my iTouch


Some have asked me to blog more... sorry for the downer post as I return cautiously. I make no promises but I will try to come around more often.

2 comments:

Making Memories 1999 said...

I'm sorry, dear friend, for your tears!! I understand that each stage of life can present change and challenges...I've been there...well, not with the Jones soda (gotta try one of those!!). But I can remind you, as I've been reminded recently, if we will submit to Christ, HE will take us on a journey to remember! Kinda like a bike ride on a tandum bike...let HIM do the steering, and we'll pedal!

Love ya, friend! Keep your chin up, and don't let too many tears fall into your Jones soda!!

Making Memories 1999 said...

...AND, I hope you do blog more often!! =)