Wednesday, August 15, 2007

feelings

life is not based on our feelings. but they are a part of our lives.

YESTERDAY
disappointment. hurt. misunderstanding. why do friends have to be human? why do they have to hurt us? the same reason i am human and sometimes hurt them. "we always hurt those closest to us". plans fail, dreams fall to ground, shatter, then get stepped on and make our feet bleed. where do we turn? what will make me happy? what is happiness?? life is complicated, makes me cry. tears soak the pillow, puffy eyes when i wake up. i don't understand.
Thank you, God for being the one rock that won't move. i'm going to trust You.


TODAY
smoother waters. deep peace. joy. somewhat healed relations. tired. grateful. life could be so much worse. i have it great. thank you God for strength

(thanks for letting me vent)

3 comments:

Julia said...

Esther;
I'm glad things are looking up. Alas, those wretched feelings do get in the way sometimes. I agree though, Jesus is our rock and the one who helps us see things from His perspective. That always helps to calm my emotions when they get crazy.

Looking forward to spending the day with you Saturday my friend.

Kimberly said...

I liked your writing in this one...trusting the Lord will continue to keep you steady. Blessings as you're "back to school"!:)

lauralavon said...

I hadn't seen this, Esther, until today. Hadn't had time lately to read much in the blog world, but certainly appreciate your sharing. We all do have those times you described. Like you, I am so thankful for being introduced to the answer to life's troubles and disappointments. I agree, trusting Him really does work; as we trust, it is as if He does carry the weight on His shoulders!