Tuesday, August 28, 2007

scattered thoughts

back at school.
smack in the middle of school revival.
so many things going through my little brain.
awesome sermons provoking thought.
not much time to sit and blog.
class in the morning.
work in the afternoons.
here are a few of those thoughts.

busyness causes automatic pilot.
then serious decisions happen automatically.
life flows by subconsciously.
wait, what did i just do?
must stop.
think.
analyze.
yet over-analyzing to a fault is just that.
a fault.

then today's sermon.
what about self?
who/what defines me?
this brings music to thought.
awesome lyrics.....

Mirror
~Barlow Girl~

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, Have I got it?
'Cause Mirror you've always told me who I am
I'm finding it's not easy to be perfect
So sorry you won't define me
Sorry you don't own me

Who are you to tell me
That I'm less than what I should be?
Who are you? Who are you?
I don't need to listen
To the list of things I should do
I won't try, I won't try

Mirror I am seeing a new reflection
I'm looking into the eyes of He who made me
And to Him I have beauty beyond compare
I know He defines me
You don't define me, you don't define me.

well.
time has passed.
more sharing later.

1 comments:

lauralavon said...

good to hear your scattered thoughts
i like that format
maybe i'd write more if i just did that once in awhile
think of you often