Saturday, September 8, 2007

Cincinnati Pops Orchestra


this picture is not great quality i actually took it on my cell phone from clear up in the balcony
(yes, my camera is still broken, sniff sniff)

Tonight was the first in a long time that I have been to the Music Hall downtown. A group of us went and heard the pops. It was a lot of fun! I enjoyed most of the music. There were three tenors singing selections from different musicals and some of them... well we will leave it at that! The arrangement of the Overture to Phantom of the Opera that they played was AMAZING!!!

It was also a 'strange' experience in some ways. Let me explain... other times of going to the symphony I have often observed people who would go and sit by themself. I tried to figure out their background, personality, and what would inspire them to do such a thing. I have thought of doing it myself just for the experience, but hadn't. Well, tonight, since we hadn't ordered the tickets ahead of time, we were all spread out. So, I finally got my chance to sit alone. I'm still not completely sure how I liked it. Interesting for sure, watching all the old couples sitting nearby, how cute lol!

Anyhow, so much for the randomness. After all the fun tonight, I need to do homework tomorrow!!! Everything is sooo busy already!

Oh, yeah, I can't tell you about the Pops without telling you about my ticket! Myself and this freshmen girl were standing in line to buy our tickets when this lady walked up and asked if we were waiting to buy tickets.... I figured she wanted to get in line too... we said yes, then she handed me this envelope and said, "Well, here are a couple free tickets, they are really good seats!" then she rushed off! Crazy! We were sooo happy though! We traded them in for ones nearer our friends.

well, it is getting late, and i am getting 'rambly' lol! leave me comments!

~until later :P

4 comments:

lauralavon said...

Loved hearing the latest news--

Kimberly said...

How fun!!!! That's an awesome concert hall and glad you are able to take advantage of going!!

Julia said...

Free Tickets, now that's what I call a good concert!! :) See you next weekend right? Bring Ms. V with you.

Ali said...

Your site looks very lovely.
I love this writing.
Cheers!