Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Thoughts

Sometimes I get distracted. Push God down my list. Others take first place. Easy to lean on. They are tangible. One problem. Tangible things fade. They fall and break. They let me down. Why is it so hard to put God first?

Dear God, why am I so stupid? Thank You for reminding me. You created me with relationship in mind. You love me! You DIED for me. No one else has done that.

And You speak. I just have to listen. I can see results of Your work. Praise God! You are the center of my joy! I am excited to see the future You have planned for me! My life is in Your hands!


Reading over this and past blogs I realize I could be seen as wishy-washy. I hope not! I do tend to blog when I am 'dry'. I need to practice blogging my many happy thoughts.
But this morning I was thinking in my devotions, "Why is it hard to focus thoughts on Jesus? It seems I can sit and think and dream and wish life away." Then I started adding up things God has done for me and I got blessed! I will start directing those wandering thoughts to His character.
Wow, thoughts are powerful, they get me in trouble sometimes! :D

3 comments:

lauralavon said...

Isn't it true that often in the 'dry' or difficult times we are driven to think on what really matters? I think so. I tend to want to write to sort out, think through, understand, and share my conclusions. Blogging is valuable as we observe others doing the same. We learn from one another as we share. Keep it comin', my dear friend.

Making Memories 1999 said...

Have enjoyed "catching up" on your blog! Also, look forward to seeing you this weekend!! Look forward to seeing you all!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'm so glad we serve a Father who loves us and wants the best for us!

Unknown said...

Wow! It is hard to believe that you are about to graduate. I'm proud of you and happy for you. I remember that last year for me. It was like I could finally see a light at the end of what seemed to be a loooong tunnel. I enjoyed your post.