Saturday, November 17, 2007

music & babies

That is pretty much what my week has been full of! I have been either attending recitals/symphonies or babysitting every night this week! Both have went well, I especially enjoyed Mahler's 7th Symphony on Thursday night! The music is so amazing, the percussion was simply overwhelming and so... cool! We had really great seats on the side balcony right above the percussion!

As far as babysitting, my kids are not all babies, but somehow the title gets tagged on 2 year olds as well as 9 year olds! It has been fun, I enjoy getting to interact with the younger ones. It helps to fill the gap of missing my younger siblings and friends at home!

It has been interesting trying to fit in all the homework but I am slowly succeeding. I did not do as much today as last Saturday and will pay for it next week, but it will get done eventually! Tomorrow our symphonic wind & string ensemble is traveling and performing two services. So it's time to drag the toys around and play a bit. I do like the Gospel pieces we are playing but I am really looking forward to the Christmas program. It is always really fun, and there is a little more variety on the instruments that I play. Although I need a lot more practice before we actually perform!

I just realized that I am randomly jumping around the calendar. Well, going on to this coming week... I am sooo excited to go home for a few days. I miss my family and am looking forward to spending Thanksgiving at home. It will be odd not having Ben with us. Sadness! But Christmas will be here soon and we will see him then hopefully!

Well, enough for now! Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Beth Stetler said...

Say Hi to your Mom and Dad from us!

Rachel Hurst said...

Hey lady! I like the new look on your blog! :) I will hopefuly see you at the airport Wednesday night (three cheers)! I am looking forward to at least two hours of chatter! Hoo-ray for Thanksgiving!

Julia said...

Esther;

Hooray for music and babies. Hooray for you coming home. Boo hoo for homework.

Making Memories 1999 said...

Looking forward to seeing you!

lauralavon said...

Me too!