Monday, January 21, 2008

The Church's One Foundation


Today was the first time I have ever conducted band. And I am still alive! I was very nervous beforehand, but was very surprised to find myself enjoying the experience once I began. There was a big difference in sound, standing in front of all the instruments as opposed to being in the very back with percussion. Having a measure of control over the dynamics and tempo was a cool feeling. I probably took it too fast because of being nervous.

Anyhow, more conducting experiences will soon be following, next Monday I have to conduct Bach's Jesu, meine Freude #1 in choir.

8 comments:

Julia said...

GO ESTHER!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed it. I'm sure you did a great job. By the way, loved your previous post. I agree with you 100%!

Making Memories 1999 said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! Congrats and I'm glad you found it to be an enjoyable experience!

Kimberly said...

You did great! I was proud to call you my friend! Come see me some time!
Wow I used a lot of exclamation marks!

lauralavon said...

What fun! You brought back memories of something I enjoyed--a little of--in college, YEARS ago! : )

Dixie said...

You did good!

Kimberly said...

Congratulations!!
Sorry about your injury!!
I love the new look! Been thinking of you and enjoyed catching up w/your blog...Blessings!

Ike said...

You did a great job!