Friday, August 22, 2008

catching up

I know right now that this will be a long post. So if you have the patience for it.... here goes :)


=================

Two weeks ago my lil sis decided to leave me for married life. Sigh.




She looked soo beautiful!




And she is definitely VERY happy!




My dad did an incredible job on her wedding cake!



Congratulations, dear! I love you! And I am glad I can still spend time with you since you are close :D



=======================

The next pictures are 3 out of 60+ that I took of my other lil sis. I was goofing with the lighting on my camera and was in her face just for the fun of it. She just kept right on doing whatever it was on the computer while I was snapping away. She's so cool!







=======================
The summer seemed to fly by and ended with a happy bang! My family enjoyed a very nice meal and good time of fellowship with our friends the night before I had to come back to school. Many thanks to the BranchRanch! :D

The dessert not only looked good but was delicious!! (that's yummy blackberry pie hiding under there!)


I like this pic :) his shirt cracks me up. It says "I do all my own stunts" but he is wearing a brace for a recently cracked collarbone. (oh and look at Steph... that will be me someday... short and looking up at my husband hehehe)




last night before school....


=========================

So, yes I am back at school now and all settled into my room, but not without help! I think this year my mom and youngest sis did more work than I did and had my room unpacked faster than it ever has been before. I'm kicking myself (ouch!) for not taking some pictures of the process and of the dears working so hard! (wow I just really love all my sisters!!!!!)

This morning I spent a good deal of time on the phone. I made 41 calls and have 4 observations scheduled. Not a wonderful ratio but I do expect to hear back from the many voicemails I left. (There were also numbers that had been disconnected and some schools that have closed.) So for the next two weeks I am going to be driving all over Cincy with google map directions, and hopefully not getting lost!! After that I will start my student teaching here on campus in our Aldersgate Academy and HighSchool. fun fun.

I'm also looking forward to babysitting again. I am sure all 'my kids' have grown up and I can't wait to see them. I also could use some gas money for all these traveling adventures!

So there it is... what I've been doing, what I'm doing now, and what I'm gonna do in the near future :D


4 comments:

Alanna said...

Thanks for the update! Rhoda's wedding pictures are lovely! :) See ya around.

Daniel and Regina said...

Thanks for the pics from her wedding. I was thinking it was a couple of weeks ago. thanks for sharing.

Making Memories 1999 said...

Glad you are settled in for a new school year. Have fun student teaching! We'll stay in touch.

Good pictures. I like the one of Rhoda and Josh!

Angie said...

Hey, I was just browsing through your blogs and thought I'd let you know that I actually have the "In the waiting" song, on my page. If you want it, just click on the "add" button. It sure is a GREAT song. Hope school is going well for you! Any crazy girls slamming their doors this year???
Later!
Ange