Sunday, August 10, 2008

I went for a walk...

...alone last night. My senses were at peak. Many memories and random thoughts flooded my mind.
nose at work...
woodsmoke ~ camping in NM mountains
smelling mildew from the outside of someone's house ~ I can only imagine my allergies if I were to step inside their house!
freshly cut grass ~ my first time mowing lawn as a kid
lilacs ~ Susan's bushes that we played under everyday of the summer growing up
swampy water ~ an outing my HS Senior class took to a river
cigarette smoke ~ attending hundreds of wakes on Rosebud Rez
eyes at work...
moon ~ wherever you are you see the moon and it makes me feel closer to you
aquarium through a window ~ wiped a dry tear in memory of dear Zippy
swingset ~ 4 years old and playing with Kimberly and Emily in SC
padiddle ~ fun memories of my friend Clarissa ;)
cracked sidewalk ~ my ocd tendencies... i suddenly was very aware of my steps
I am very blessed. I have a good life. Thank you, God.
++
"Trials they come and friends they may go. All that matters is you, my Lord." ~ Rebecca St. James

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Beautifully expresed thoughts!
That pic of the crosses is really neat!
Glad your trip went well and blessings on this semester.
(Looking forward to some wedding pics!!:)