Monday, August 4, 2008

brief reminiscence

These crosses are on the mesa by the Rock Springs Church. I love the sunset behind them and got this pic with my cell phone.

I made it home yesterday exhausted physically AND mentally/emotionally. I crashed into my bed and was shocked to wake up 18 hours later! I knew I was tired, but wow! I didn't realize I was THAT tired haha.



It is really hard to summarize everything that happened in two weeks into one semi-bearably-long post :) There will probably be multiple posts with more random bits as I have time and my memory recalls events. I managed to forget my photo card from my camera in NM so I will not have any pictures to post for awhile. But hopefully I will get it back soon.



There were times of goofy fun, hard work, and powerful ministry. I was overwhelmed with sadness to find out that two of 'our girls' from camp last year both have a baby now. One of them is 17 now and the other girl is just getting ready to turn 15! This gave me even more determination to make a difference in the lives that I could this year. It is so sad what hurting, lost people will do to try to make themselves happy, or to get money. If you think of it, please help me pray for these people. The teens all really need consistentancy in their life and they need someone to truly love them and be there for them. I am hoping to be part of that consistency by keeping contact and writing throughout the year.



Aside from the people, one of the biggest things I already miss is the weather and sky!!! It is amazing! Out there the altitude is higher, the sky is cleaner, the weather is drier! The stars at night are awesome. Almost every night I saw at least 2 shooting stars and a satellite. As soon as I stepped out of the airport yesterday I sighed and longed for some dry air. lol. It is going to take awhile to get used to the muggy humidity again!



Well, I need to close for now. There are a lot of things to be done. My lil sis is getting married in 4 days! I'll be around here somewhere and hopefully posting pix soon :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are back safe and sound. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip. What an incredible blessing to be used of God to minister to people. There's no feeling like it! See you soon!

Alanna said...

Glad you had a great trip. I can imagine the sky and feel that clean air - although I've never been to NM, I can still imagine it! MMmm... Can't wait to hear more.

Kimberly said...

Hey, Friend! Glad you're back. I have thought of you several times, but knew that it was futal to call or text. We missed you at camp, too. Love ya, chica.

Unknown said...

Some people just ain't got no sense- some people leave their memory card in the van that dropped them off at the airport- and some people don't know how to pack their stuff (you are joined by Bart on this one.)