Sunday, August 31, 2008

Renaissance Festival...

... was held on a 30-acre permanent village that has been authentically and historically re-created in the flavor of 16th Century England during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I. There was a full day of entertainment including full-armored Jousting the way it was done over 400 years ago by real Knights in shining armor, dozens of Renaissance musicians, dancers, comedians, jugglers, sword-fighters, storytellers and hundreds of costumed performers.

(I found my knight in shining armor!)


















This was one of the best side attractions. Donal Hinely uses fluted glasses of differing sizes and water to create the musical scale. It is very pretty music and an amazing talent that he has perfected.


I almost had to pinch myself at the joust; it felt like I had stepped into a time machine. Very very cool sport!



Yeah, fancy camera. Her pictures are way cooler than mine. Sigh! :D


I had so much fun all day. It was relaxing and enjoyable. And affordable since it was 'buy one get one free tickets'. Thanks guys for taking me!! (now you need to find your skirt so I can actually work for my ticket lol)

5 comments:

Alanna said...

Looks so cool! I love the "going back in time" feeling. :)

lauralavon said...

That looks like a fun place to visit!

Jo said...

Wow! How fun! Where is this?

Lisa R said...

It looks like you found the perfect man - no cooking, laundering, or cleaning for required!! I'd keep him around if I were you :-) I'm so glad you had a video clip of the man "playing" the glasses. That was beautiful!

Aunt JoJo said...

That is so cool! I've always wanted to go, but never made it.