Monday, October 1, 2007

Thanksgiving

"Yes, it is September. Yes, I do realize that Thanksgiving is in November."
That was my response to more than one person when telling them why I was leaving campus this past Friday.

This weekend was our Thanksgiving Retreat/Get-Together held out our campgrounds in Mode, IL. We have it this time of the year because of the weather and scheduling. It was such an enjoyable time! I was glad to relax, visit with friends, and sit around the fire. The food was amazing and the 'wacked' radio and Bible trivia was so much fun!

I also did a little homework and even managed to do some pleasure reading! I am now ready for book 3 in Ted Dekker's Circle series. I am not too sure how soon that will happen now that I am back to the grind of school and homework!

Red
, the book I finished last night really gripped me. The allegorical implications refreshed in my mind the Crucifixion and what Christ did for us. He was innocent and yet accepted so much pain and betrayal even to death, just because He loved us! Wow! That is just another reason for Thanksgiving!

Well that wraps up my weekend. I am still sad about the state of my camera and the fact I don't have pictures to share. Hopefully, someone else took plenty this weekend and will share! (HINT, HINT!! lol)

5 comments:

Rachel Hurst said...

I love your blog! Three chrees for you! Happy Thanksgiving! I hope that someone will post pictures really soon too!

Jo said...

Esther,
It was so good to see you for a bit this weekend! I love you, girl!
Jo

lauralavon said...

I posted pics! : )
So glad you could come this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Ted Dekker! Yay for the Circle Series! The last book is good. I hope you can read it soon. See you early in the am if not before. :)

Making Memories 1999 said...

I'm so glad you were able to come to retreat!! It was so good to see you!!!!!! Hope to see you again at Thanksgiving!!