Monday, May 14, 2007

Refocused

Although I've always had better than perfect vision, I decided to take up a free offer and get my eyes checked again last week. I hadn't been to the eye doctor for many years, but was happy to find out that my vision is still good. I have 20/15 vision! Wow, better than 20/20, but with a hint of stigmitism (sp?), so the doctor said I will probably need glasses when I'm 40. But since that is a long way off, I'm good for now :D

I've been trying to stay on top of everything at the same time, but everyone gets busy and things get set aside. I am one of these busy humans ;) and have laid something aside that should be on top of my 'list' of things. That is a special time of devotion with God. I tend to talk to Him throughout the day, as I am doing things, but the times of sitting down and setting other things aside have been few! I realize this is a constant struggle for me and have been working to correct that! I am thankful for God's faithfulness and that He is always there though!! His mercy overwhelms and amazes me!

I have been slowly reading through the book Lady in Waiting and tonight read the chapter on devotion. It was another wake-up call for me! I am so thankful for the time of refreshment and refocusing. This song Jesus, Lover of My Soul by Glad is my testimony. Here is my favorite part:

It's all about You, Jesus, and all this is for You, for Your glory and Your fame.
It's not about me, as if You should do things my way.
You alone are God and I surrender to Your way
Jesus, Lover of my soul! I want You to know, I will follow You all my days!
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU


3 comments:

lauralavon said...

Esther,
It is so nice being able to "peek in" on your life. I know how it is to get so busy, letting that specific time slip, and then realizing (even though-like you-I think about Him, talk to Him, etc., every day) I am hungry for focusing on Him totally, reading the Word and other spiritually thought-provoking books, etc.

I heard a Bob Carlyle song recently; it spoke of the longing for Him to flow through us as living water. Even when we have a relationship with Jesus established, at least my experience is, and I believe the Word speaks of the same, we need His constant renewing presence, that living water poured into our hearts continually.

Your card was sweet-a treasure to me. Thanks for your thoughtfulness.
Love ya,

Jo said...

Esther,
Hey you! Do ya wanna go out for a cup o' coffee? I wish I could run down the hall and we could have a girl chat! I'm excited to maybe spend some time with you soon. Love you! Have a great day!

Julia said...

Esther;
I enjoyed your post. It's true in any of our relationships, esp. our relationship with Jesus that our crazy schedules can leave us feeling lonely and feeling the need to reconnect with the ones we love. The crazy thing is, the stress of a busy life is not quite as stressful when we take time to set our minds on Him, and yet that's the one thing we often forget to do.

I loved the song lyrics you posted too.

Looking forward to you coming home soon.