Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Thankful Heart!!!

Yes, the time stamp is correct. It is after 3am. I just had to take a few moments to type a few thoughts. I am so thankful tonight for many things! It seems there is so much going on with school lately, and I have become sooooo overwhelmed! But God is definitely giving me daily strength and mercy to get things accomplished.

He touched my voice and helped me through my recital! He also helped me to relax, I was really able to enjoy performing. It was so nice to see my family and a few friends who drove a LONG way to come! Thanks, guys!!

I am taking an Independent Study this semester because of a schedule conflict. It has been challenging to keep up with it because it takes extra discipline. Because of all the homework due in other classes the last couple weeks, Economics has been shoved to the back. All that was due by this Friday was so overwhelming. I am SO thankful though because my kind teacher has given me an extension to finish this class after the semester is over when I am home.

God helped me finish a project tonight sooner than I expected to have it done. We had to compose our own choral arrangement of "My Jesus, I Love Thee" with many specific requirements, and I was able to finish it by 2:15 this morning instead of 6 or 7am! There were several of us from that class, who got permission to stay over in the piano lab after hours. Fun stuff!

Those are only a few of the things that I am thankful for! God has just used these to give me an encouraging boost to make it through the rest of the semester. Well, I am off to bed!

3 comments:

lauralavon said...

Hey Girl!
I am so excited that you have a blogspot. It was a joy to get to be at your recital. I'm glad it worked out. Thanks for inviting the girls to have the extra fun "afterglow".
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers as you finish up the semester.
Love ya,
LF

Julia said...

Hey You! Your little sis told me you had a blogspot blog. hooray! So glad things are "falling into place." Keep encouraged, this too shall pass. Go to sleep, obey your elders. :)

Kimberly said...

This is the 1st time to click on to you blog...lookin good. So glad the recital went well. Blessings as you finish up the semester! An older and wiser friend, Kimberly:)