Friday, May 25, 2007

I am struggling more with this birthday than I think I ever have before! Anyone else have one that stands out in your mind most? I am certain that in a few years I will wish I were only 23 years old. But today it is very saddening. Being 22 was okay because I was even 'cooler' than a 21-year old adult! (big LOL!!!) Now it is just plain scary being this 'old'! aaahhhh! Well, after a few good cries, I shall go on with life smiling. maybe! :-P I did enjoy the surprise dinner outing my sis and friends planned. Oh, how I love Chipotle!!!


Another sad thing today was saying goodbye to 'my lil girl', Isabella. I have babysat her now for two years and today was my last day! She kept asking me, "After you leave and I get a new babysitter, will you still be my friend??" Talk about a heart-breaker. I will get the chance to see her again occasionally though since they live near the school.

(Here's a goofy pic of us I took a few weeks ago)



Well, getting the teary things out of the way...... This week has been great! It is good to be out of classes! We are in Campmeeting now, and God has really helped in all the services. I am helping out in the Children's services in the morning, and that has been very enjoyable! It is a huge difference working with 'church' kids compared to downtown ministries where the kids are CRAZY and soooo LOUD :D I enjoy working with both groups though! And the staff kids aren't all perfect that is for sure! Many (okay, most) of them are still in need of sanctification hehe

Thanks for listening :D I am going to run off for now. Have a great weekend! Summer is pretty much here!!!!! Yeah!

3 comments:

Julia said...

34 was a little stickie for me. I was depressed or anything, but the realization that I have now lived longer in a human body than Jesus even did was a bit disturbing. :) Seriously, I know it feels tough now, but you will laugh later. The older you get the older old gets.

We are so looking forward to you all coming home. I was thinking yesterday that we need to plan another Holiday World trip, I missed the last one. (see, I have never grown up.) :)

Julia said...

Boy, I need to proof read BEFORE I post. I said "was" when I meant to say "wasn't" BIG difference.

lauralavon said...

I'm all up for the Holiday World trip--even at almost 43! How's that, Esther Faye? Are you ready?
I do hope you're having happier days, getting use to being 23 and all. I'm glad you know how to "deal" with those crazy downer feelings that come every so often. Happy belated birthday! It is so hard to keep up with birthdays. I just don't do very well. I have to count up from my birthdate to even remember my own birthday age! ; )
Love ya