Monday, May 7, 2007

Sleep, Sunday, Sickness, Singing,

When I last posted on Friday, that night was to be the school lock-in. My volleyball team was going to play their championship game that night. (I play in an intramural team every Tuesday night here at school) I was sorta excited about going but extremely tired and exhausted. I decided to lie down at 8pm and sleep for awhile (and was still debating whether to go, or let my team play w/o me), surprisingly I woke up 14 hours later, Saturday morning!! Wow! I can't remember the last time I've slept that long! It felt really good! (oh and by the way... our team won!! whoohoo!)

Since then many things have taken place including Vine St. Kids Klub on Sunday afternoon. I am the leader for this ministry and have really enjoyed doing it all year. It was exciting this week to have a few new kids who just moved into the apartment building next to us. I was so happy to have about 20 kids this Sunday (about....because there were some that came and went!) We have experienced a growth over the last few weeks and it is so awesome to be able to establish relationships with children and hopefully lead them to God. I was even more thankful for my great team of workers who helped considerably! It is hard to keep that many city kids attention for any length of time!

Tomorrow is something that every Music Major looks forward to as a big part of their musical schooling! There will be four music recitals! It is going to be a busy day for everyone! But one of those is mine. I will be performing the first half hour of the evening recital, singing 11 songs. Two Italian, two German, one French, and five English songs. They are pieces I got to choose myself, and so I've enjoyed preparing them! I think I am ready! aahhh!! I am just a little nervous, I have had a cough/sinus cold for a week and a half. Hopefully my throat will not be hurting tomorrow and I can do my best. Pray for me if you think of it! Thanks!

Wow, I was thinking originally that I didn't have the time to sit down and type anything and now realized what a huge monologue this has become! Hope it is not too boring or overwhelming. I should wrap it up for now! Have a great week! Remember to smile, Summer break is almost here :-P

Here are a few pics Amanda and me at Jr./Sr. Banquet Rachel and me in front of Cincy's skyline

Shaquel and me (girl from Kids Klub)

0 comments: